Saturday, January 4, 2014

Assembling the armor and packages 1.4.2014

Hello everyone,

So since its Saturday I had the opportunity to work on my armor quite a bit this morning.  I put in about 5 or 6 hours and was able to get lots of parts trimmed/assembled.

 The first part that I was able to get accomplished was the ab plate and the chest protector.  I had to trim these pieces so they no longer had the excess plastic.  Once I had completed that I went ahead and began to work on the Thermal Detonator.  This is the canister that sits at the small of the back and looks like a small canister.  I was able to trim both the control panel and the end caps, however I can not fully assemble them untill I am able to pic up some "bankers clips" which will be used to attach them to the belt!  Unfortunately it appears nobody really has bankers clips....

I also was able to go ahead and trim out the hand guard armor pieces.  This didnt take much time but needed to be done.

Take a look at some of these pics!

This is my armor so far, as you can see it is a work in progress.....











THIS IS BEFORE THE TRIM... NOTE THE EXCESS PLASTIC ALONG THE BOTTOM AND OTHER AREAS




SAME HERE, THIS ALLOWS YOU TO SEE MORE OF THE EXCESS ON THE SIDES AS WELL







I also got some packages in the mail!

  •  parachute buckle to hold up thigh armor
  • industrial strength velcro
  • pads for the helmet
  • proper gloves
  • canvas TK belt
  • proper side rivets for the kidney plate
  • sew on snaps size 10 for the shoulders
    • and
  • line 24 snaps for the rest of the armor

Alot of things still need to come in: boots, neck seal, and some others!

No comments:

Post a Comment